We are entering an exciting new phase of development for SUSE.
Our first Chief Executive Officer has been in post since August 2017 and we have made significant progress towards making SUSE the pro-active network and learning organisation we want to see.
In the past year we re-established SUSE as the voice of supported employment providers in Scotland. We are promoting our message to funders and policy makers and representing our viewpoint in various forums including the Disability Employment Gap Expert Group. In addition, we have:
- Developed and launched a new membership offer.
- Improved our social media presence and developed a new communications strategy.
- Developed the SUSE Strategy 2018-21 and a complimentary business plan.
- Hosted a successful annual conference in December 2017 and AGM in March 2018.
- Developed the Inclusive Workplace Award and complimentary training for employers.
- Developed and launched a new SUSE website.
- Developed Fair Start training and delivered it to Scottish Government civil servants.
- Developed a Good Practice Guide for Employers (launched July 2018).
- Supported 20 of our members’ staff to work towards the Professional Development Award in Supported Employment.
- Updated our Articles of Association which were adopted at an EGM in June 2018.
- Established an Annual Membership Survey in September 2017.
- Started to develop a Quality Standard in Supported Employment.
We have also improved the governance of SUSE to ensure the organisation is compliant with our legal obligations in areas such as financial management, GDPR and the management of risk. New trustees have come onto our board and we have held 1-1 meetings with 22 of our members.
In the next few weeks we will be publicising some member events to be held in autumn 2018. We will also start planning for the next SUSE conference which is scheduled for April 2019.