SUSE undertook a strategy review and development exercise in 2018 that reset its vision and mission and established 6 organisational goals for the 3 years to 2021:
Our Vision: A Scotland where people with disadvantages have access to supported employment to find and retain paid work.
Our Mission: To increase the availability, quality and impact of supported employment services in Scotland.
- SUSE is an efficient, effective, and financially viable organisation.
- SUSE is recognised as the lead body for supported employment and the representative body for supported employment providers in Scotland.
- SUSE is developing the capability of our members and ability of the supported employment workforce.
- SUSE is working with our members to improve the quality of supported employment services in Scotland.
- SUSE is stimulating, initiating, facilitating and supporting new projects and services to ensure supported employment provision evolves to meet the changing needs of employees and employers.
- SUSE is working with members and others and encouraging them to work with each other, to advance supported employment provision in Scotland.
Linked to these goals, SUSE has specified a total of 35 aims and related strategies to be achieved and implemented by 2021, with 14 of its strategies prioritised for the first year of its business plan; these relate to planning and management; membership offer; income generation; standards of provision and practice; wider engagement.
In year two we have identified a further 11 actions which focus on campaigning for more and better quality Supported Employment services; delivering pilot projects and sharing the knowledge and learning; developing and delivering an evaluation service and commissioning research.