Terms & Conditions
USE OF WEBSITE
Access to and use of this site (https://www.suse.org.uk) is provided by SUSE – Scottish Union of Supported Employment is a company limited by guarantee – Registered in Scotland No. SC2 13687 | Recognised as a Scottish Charity Reg No. SC027649 and having its Registered Office at 1 Neasham Drive, Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire, G66 3FA subject to the following terms: In using this website you agree that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and you agree to them. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you are not authorised to use this website.
Your use of the website
You agree that your use of the website shall be in accordance with the following conditions. You will not send any message, e-mail or other communication which under Scottish law or the law of the country of the recipient is in breach of such law or is defamatory, menacing, obscene, indecent, abusive, harmful, pornographic or otherwise illegal or which may violate or infringe in anyway upon the rights of others, incite violence, sadism, cruelty or racial hatred or otherwise cause distress or inconvenience. You may not express opinions that are vulgar, crude, racist, sexist or otherwise offensive. You will not send any message, e-mail or other communication that contains material which does not belong to you without the owner’s express permission. You will not submit any message, e-mail or other communication that contains information that to the best of your knowledge is untrue, incorrect or misleading.
Third Party websites
- We accept no liability or responsibility for the information services or content of third party websites which are linked to this website.
Although we have taken all reasonable care to make sure that the information available on this website is correct, we are providing this website on an “as is” basis. We make no representation or warranty of any kind regarding the information contained on this website. The information on this website may be inaccurate, incorrect, incomplete, out of date, or unsuitable for any purpose. You must check all such information with us before you take any action in reliance upon it. Any review contained on this website is the personal opinion of the reviewer.
We gather various pieces of information when you use Register for membership using Stripe payments or pay by cheque and sign up for the SUSE newsletter. Listed below is the information we may collect:
- Your name, title and billing address: This information is essential in processing your payment.
- Your Organisation details: Name, description, social media account links.
- Organisation Services
We use the information you provide in a number of ways:
- To successfully process your membership. These payments are processed by Stripe.com secure card payment collection. We do not retain your bank card details on our website. We do not have access to these details.
- To communicate with you. If there is a problem with payments in any form, and /or all other general marketing communication from SUSE.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a username and password, or any other piece of information as part of our registration procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions in these Website Terms and Conditions.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password, you should promptly notify us at email@example.com and we would recommend that you change your password immediately.
Uploading content to the Website
- Ensure that the content that you upload is accurate and up to date;
- Do not upload any content that is offensive, defamatory or likely to deceive any person;
- Ensure that you have the right to use the content and not upload anything that may infringe the copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- We reserve the right to alter or remove any content that you upload to our Website, without notice to you, if in our opinion it does not comply with these Website Terms & Conditions.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any person, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Website.
Our Liability to you
On condition of us allowing you free or paid access to the material on this website you accept that we shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by your reliance on the information on this website except to the extent we are unable to do so by law. This is a comprehensive exclusion of liability and includes all losses, damages, costs and expenses of any kind including loss of profit, economic loss, loss of goodwill and all and any direct, indirect or consequential loss of any kind. The exclusions and restrictions of liability contained in these terms and conditions are considered reasonable by you.
The names, images and logos identifying SUSE Scotland are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of SUSE Scotland. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, personal bar or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of SUSE Scotland.
Our website is operated and controlled from the United Kingdom and these terms and conditions and your use of this website are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland.