SUSE Annual Conference 2019
This is Scotland’s largest annual gathering of organisations which support people who have disabilities or long term conditions into employment. This is your opportunity to come together with colleagues in the public, private and voluntary sectors and shape the agenda as we move forward.
Over the past year SUSE has played an influential role in the development of the Fairer Scotland: Employment Action Plan, the Scottish Government’s strategy for halving the Disability Employment Gap, launched in December 2018. This is a pivotal moment for our movement, therefore the theme of our conference is Shaping the Future. The conference programme includes:
• A keynote address and Q&A from the Minister for Business, Fair Work and Skills, Jamie Hepburn MSP.
• A Fair Start Scotland Panel when we will be feeding back on research we have conducted with our members and providers and giving attendees the opportunity to share their views.
• Building effective partnerships with social enterprises and services that support care experienced young people.
• Involving people with disabilities in designing better services and recruitment processes.
• How can we shape the rollout of the Fairer Scotland: Employment Action Plan (led by Scottish Government’s Employability Team)
• Improving digital messaging, ensuring your website and social media messaging is fit for diverse audiences.
• Understanding the Inclusive Growth agenda.
• Understanding the needs of people who experience sensory impairment and challenging the reduction of employment services.
• Making self employment work for people with disabilities and long term conditions.
We have a small number of sponsorship opportunities at the conference – if you would like to find out more about these please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to SUSE conference at the Crowne Plaza in Glasgow. The full conference programme will be published on the SUSE website by the end of March.
Please note that parking is available at the venue at a discounted rate of £4 to conference delegates. Delegates should enter their vehicle registration details at reception on arrival.