Support Workers (North Ayrshire)
Location: Broadmeadows Estate, Symington
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: £9.00 /hour
More Information: Apply Now
Hansel is a leading Social Care provider working for people with additional support needs across Ayrshire. We provide a range of personalised support choices to over 600 people each year and currently, we are recruiting for Support Workers in our North Ayrshire Supported Living Service (providing services across North Ayrshire) and our Taigh Mor Respite Service (based in Beith).
The posts are a perfect opportunity for experienced Support Workers looking to take on a new challenge, those who have recently left college with a Social Care related qualification or those who perhaps have no practical or academic experience but can evidence that their values match ours. If you’re passionate about making a positive difference in people’s lives we want to hear from you!
We are seeking candidates who share our values and the following criteria is desirable but not essential:
- Experience of supporting people with additional support needs
- Experience of supporting people with complex health, mobility and communication support needs
- Experience of managing challenging behaviours
- The ability to attain registration with regulatory bodies
- Flexibility to work a rota which can include evenings, weekends, nights and sleepovers
- An SVQ 3 in Health and Social CareTo apply visit our website for an application form.
- To apply visit our website for an application form.Employee Benefits –We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes remuneration at Scottish Living Wage (currently £9.00 per hour), Pension, Health Cashback Scheme, Sleepover Allowance (currently the equivalent of £9.00 per hour), 32 Days Annual Leave (pro rata for part time) plus other benefits including the ability to buy or sell up to 5 days annual leave, an employee assistance program and comprehensive on-going training and personal development opportunities.These posts are considered to be Regulated Work with Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) (PVG) Act 2007. Accordingly, the preferred candidate will be required to become a member of the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme Record Update if already a Scheme member prior to any formal offer of employment being made.
Hansel is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements for the job.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent. Bank Work is also available in our Beith based service.
Salary: £9.00 /hour
A full UK driving license is required for all roles.