SUSE Practitioner Event – 19th June
Posted By: The Scottish Union of Supported Employment
SUSE are holding a roundtable discussion event as part of our Fair Chance Project. We are looking for practitioners to share their experiences both positive and negative so we can better understand the recruitment landscape in the digital age. We have given a summary of the project below.
Wednesday 19th June
10am – 12 Noon
Smart Consultancy, 1st Floor, Central Chambers, 109 Hope Street, Glasgow, G2 6LL (opposite Central Station)
Places for this event are limited. If you are interested in attending please contact email@example.com by Wednesday 12th June.
In partnership with 3 of our members, Hansel, Momentum Scotland and VIAS SUSE have been leading a project to investigate the impact of the move to digital recruitment by private sector employers on job seekers with disabilities or long-term conditions.
The aims of this project are:
- Research the extent to which the move to digital recruitment has created new barriers for disabled jobseekers
- Investigate employers’ awareness of and attitude to this issue.
- Investigate what (if any) reasonable adjustments employers are making to the digital recruitment process.
- Arrive at recommendations on how employers can improve how they recruit to make it more inclusive.
- Arrive at recommendations on how supported employment services can better support clients to navigate the demands of digital recruitment.