Fair Chance Project
SUSE has recently been successful in a bid to the Voluntary Action Fund for support through their Workplace Equality Fund.
In partnership with 3 of our members, Hansel, Momentum Scotland and VIAS we are leading a project to investigate the impact of the move to digital recruitment by private sector employers on job seekers with disabilities or long-term conditions.
The aims of this project are:
- Research the extent to which the move to digital recruitment has created new barriers for disabled jobseekers
- Investigate employers’ awareness of and attitude to this issue.
- Investigate what (if any) reasonable adjustments employers are making to the digital recruitment process.
- Arrive at recommendations on how employers can improve how they recruit to make it more inclusive.
- Arrive at recommendations on how supported employment services can better support clients to navigate the demands of digital recruitment.
The project is now underway with user testing of the employers’ online recruitment processes taking place in December and January. The project will be completed by March and we will be sharing our initial findings at our AGM and a Voluntary Action Fund Learning event in the Spring.
At this stage we anticipate there will be a need for a follow up project to support a wider group of employers who wish to make their recruitment processes more accessible for people with disabilities.
We will be sharing the findings from this project here soon however please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to find out any more information in the meantime – firstname.lastname@example.org