Fair Chance Project
SUSE has recently completed an innovative project supported by the Workplace Equality Fund.
In partnership with 3 of our members, Hansel, Momentum Scotland and Values into Action Scotland we investigated the impact of the move to digital recruitment by private sector employers on job seekers with disabilities or long-term conditions.
The aims of this project were to:
- Research the extent to which the move to digital recruitment has created new barriers for disabled jobseekers
- Investigate employers’ awareness of and attitude to this issue.
- Investigate what (if any) reasonable adjustments employers are making to the digital recruitment process.
- Arrive at recommendations on how employers can improve how they recruit to make it more inclusive.
- Arrive at recommendations on how supported employment services can better support clients to navigate the demands of digital recruitment.
The project has now completed and we will shortly be sharing our findings with employers, providers and policy makers. We anticipate there will be a need for a follow up project to support a wider group of employers who wish to make their recruitment processes more accessible for people with disabilities.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to find out any more information – firstname.lastname@example.org
Read the Report here
Download the Report via the link below