Tips for practitioners
How to make DuoDay a success
Help us get a good DuoDay match:
- Find out the career goals of the participant so we can match them to a relevant opportunity.
- Find out what skills they are keen to learn or build on.
- Find out what type of organisation they would like to work with.
- Explain to the employer their responsibilities and role in DuoDay and find out everything you need to know about the workplace.
- Share information about the workplace environment and the job shadowing role with the participant, addressing any questions or concerns.
- Discuss what may be expected from the participant on the day, including social media coverage.
- Explain the purpose of DuoDay as a way to highlight the contribution of people with disabilities and long term conditions in our worklaces.
- Explain the structure of the day, from initial meet and greet, to job shadowing and talking about their experience at the end of the day.
- Complete the DuoDay forms with the participant and return them to SUSE, 14 days before DuoDay.
- Prepare your social media output ahead of time and agree who will be responsible in your organisation on DuoDay.
- At the end of the day get feedback forms completed by the participant and employer and return them to SUSE (we may also ask you to help us with Case Studies)
Please contact SUSE if you need more information, we are here to help. Enjoy a Great DuoDay experience!